There is no item in your cart
We Satnam Psyllium Industries are one of India’s largest Manufacturers and Exporters of Psyllium Seed, Psyllium Husk, Psyllium Husk Powder & Psyllium Industrial Powder (Kha-Kha Powder). We are glad to present our report on market expectations for the crop season 2021-22.
Psyllium is an agricultural crop mainly harvested in few states in Northern India like Gujarat, Rajasthan, and Madhya Pradesh. Psyllium is produced mainly for its mucilage content called “HUSK’ and it is is widely used in Pharma, food, Nutrition, Meat, Bakery and Food Ingredient industries for different applications.
Market Scenario in Crop Season 2020-21:
- Production: Locust Attack on harvesting area, Uniseasonal Rain, Country Lockdown has widely affected the Psyllium Supply chain this year. Production of new crop was record low compared to previous years thus manufacturing units is facing raw material shortage at the end of season.
- Finished Good Demand: Many countries in the world had implemented long lockdowns to fight with COVID and this has left an impact on demand. The demand for finished psyllium product was record low in 2020-21 compared to previous years.
- Price: Market prices are always lead by Supply-Demand Law. In 2020-21. Demand for psyllium was low compared to previous years but it is high than the available supply of finished products. So, prices had touched the new sky and rose by 25% 30% compared to previous years
Expected Market Scenario in Crop Season 2021-22:
- Production: This farming period’s natural environment remains favourable till the end of January (till this report date) and it will boost the harvesting volume of Psyllium Seed. The market is expected to get roughly 3.0 Million Bags in the 2021-22 season which was 1.8 Million bags last year.
- Finished Good Demand: Due to transportation restriction in 2020, most EU and North American customers had closed their facilities for many days so they demanded less material than usual. Most of the psyllium consumption was made from stock made by overseas stockiest and customer warehouses. Few shipments from India also provided some support to continue the production of Psyllium based products. Now, everything is running back on track as normal. So, based on this assumption we can predict that demand for psyllium will be double this year. Because Companies will fill-up their stock level again for a smooth production/selling process.
- Price: As we estimated, supply and demand both will be high in 2021-22, so we will not see a drastic fall in price for the next season. However, we expect to get USD0.40- USD0.60 lower prices per kg compared to 2020-21 prices
Conclusion: In general we can conclude that the industry is expected to get enough supply of raw material, constant demand, and favorable prices to boost the business volume in 2021-22
Note: The report is made from a collection of data through unofficial resources so the Satnam Psyllium industries do not claim any kind of 100K correctness of any statements made in this, reality solely depends on future circumstances. This document is the property of Satnam Psyllium Industries and a copy of any part of this document is strictly Prohibited